The end of summer means many things, but most important, it means kids are headed back to school. So….
Use caution on the roads
* There are going to be a lot more kids on the sidewalks and streets when school starts, so take it slow and always be aware of your surroundings.
That’s good advice for all situations, of course, but be extra cautious around the times when school starts and ends for the day.
* Watch out for school zones! They are usually easy to spot, as many have flashing lights, but get in the “school’s open” mindset now.
* Remember to follow school bus rules. Even when the flashing lights stop, make sure the coast is truly clear before moving on. Kids can move quickly
* Leave yourself extra time to reach your destination. Rushing is always a recipe for disaster.
* Be extra viligent in school or child care parking lots and loading zones.